STUNNING VIEWS - PRIVATE POOL - SLEEPS 10 - LANGUEDOC - SOUTH WEST FRANCE
Villa Corbières, Domaine des Pins, Aude, Occitanie, Mediterranean France
You’ll have the house to yourself.
Clean and tidy
5 recent guests said this place was sparkling clean.
Highly rated host
Villa Corbières has received 5-star ratings from 100% of recent guests.
Free cancellation for 48 hours
25% deposit. Final balance due 12 weeks before departure.
The villa can accommodate 10-11 people in 5 bedrooms (2 double, 2 twin and 1 with single bed and bunk beds)
Beautifully appointed to the highest standards and fully equipped - a perfect home from home in which to enjoy the unique pace of Languedoc life!
Villa Corbières has undergone a furniture refresh in 2020 with new additions to bedrooms and bed linen as well as new furniture and shelving in the lounge. The view is as stunning as ever which as one of our guests put is ‘like living in a picture frame’!
The Space Beautiful, quiet villa looking directly out onto the Cathar ruin of Durban Corbieres which changes hour by hour with the changing light. You have your own private pool which is completely private and not overlooked
Guest Access Just a 5 minute walk from the village of Durban Corbières and all local amenities including a bar, boulangerie, pharmacy, doctor, supermarket. Local restaurants within 3 - 5 km drive. Michelin 2* just 9km away in Fontjoncouse
Other things to note We have an AMAZING view of the castle an surrounding scenery! The colours change through out the day from sunrise to sun set.
During your stay
We are there for you you if you need us on the other end of the phone and have local contacts if you need anything or if anything goes wrong, otherwise, it's yours for however long you choose to stay!
Villa Corbières is a charming, stone villa located in the beautiful Corbières region in South West of France. The villa is in a premium position amongst a small group of stone houses built in the traditional style around a lovely courtyard overlooking the pretty village of Durban-Corbières with its medieval castle. Enjoying a peaceful private garden, this lovely house sleeps 10 adults in 5 bedrooms with absolutely stunning views over Durban Castle. Complete with private pool and secluded deck, Villa Corbières is the perfect location for an idyllic holiday in this still undiscovered yet easily accessible part of Mediterranean France.
The property is very well equipped and features a fully integrated kitchen with aged stone worktop and tiling and terracotta tiled floors. The property has also benefitted from an interior refresh in 2020 with new items of furniture and wall coverings in the lounge and bedrooms as well as a brand new set of exterior furniture (loungers and chairs). To the rear there is a tiled patio with plenty of shade, an integrated barbecue - the perfect setting for a warm, relaxing, Mediterranean evening. The secluded gardens will be well stocked with a variety of plants and shrubs. The 9 x 5 metre pool has a stepped end and is surrounded by a hardwood deck area on which to sunbathe or admire the views of the surrounding countryside and the stunning ruin of Durban Castle. The patio and deck are equipped with a sun loungers, table and chairs for outdoor dining.
The interior of the villa:
The villa can accomodate up to 11 people. Villa Corbières is beautifully appointed and fully equipped for ease and convenience - a perfect home from home in which to enjoy the unique pace and ambience of Languedoc. A short drive from airports at Beziers, Carcassonne, Perpignan, Toulouse and Montpellier, the surrounding area has a wealth of attractions from beaches, gorges and waterfalls and just a stones throw away from the Cathar Castles of Aguillar, Queribus and Peyrepetueuse.
Large lounge / dining-room with fireplace and wood burning fireplace.
Open plan kitchen with aged stone worksurfaces and breakfast bar.
Kitchen store room.
Bedroom 1: King size bed, built in wardrobes, cooling fan
Bedroom 2: King size bed, built in wardrobes, cooling fan
Secluded and private sun deck surrounded by 1m wall.
Bathroom with lovely stone basins and colourful tiles from Bisbal in neighbouring Catalunya.
Bedroom Annexe (Ground Floor)
Bedroom 3: Twin beds with sliding door leading on to pool deck area.
Bedroom 4: Twin beds.
Bedroom 5: Single bed plus bunk bed with sliding door leading on to pool deck area.
Large shower room and WC.
Wardrobe / changing area, with 2 large, shelved wardrobes with sliding doors.
Magnificent terracotta tiled terrace with built in barbeque leading to (via steps)
Pool (9m x 5m) with beautiful hardwood deck surround, leading to (via steps) small secluded garden planted with a range of shrubs and flowers. Single garage and additional parking for 2 cars.
The villa is predominantly south facing and enjoys a completely uninterrupted view of the ancient Cathar ruin which dominates the village. The ruin is framed almost centrally, through the south facing windows and doors of the lounge (leading through to the pool terrace) and the upstairs bedrooms (leading on to a private sun terrace). Stunning views over the castle and surrounding countryside
On the Route des Cathares - the Cathar ruins of Aguillar, Queribus and Peyrepetueuse in easy reach
River beaches and sandy beaches pithing 20-30 mins
Canyoning and white water rafting at the Gorges de Galamus
Sailing widsurfing and kitesurfing at Leucate and La Nautique
Kayaking and windsurfing at Sigean Lagoon
Several airport options providing flexibility for departure point and cost:
Beziers Cap d'agee (Ryanair - London Luton /Manchester)
Carcassonne (Ryanair - London Stansted/Manchester)
Perpignan (Ryanair - London Stansted)
Toulouse (easyjet - London Gatwick)
Montpellier (easyjet - London Luton)
By road from Calais, St Malo, Caen, Cherbourg etc). Easy and scenic driving with several options, the best taking you through Clermont Ferand and over the Millau Bridge north of Beziers
Rooms and Spaces
Beautiful Castle and Countryside Views, Comfort and Convenience
Sur la Route des Cathares
Places to go, things to do
Durban Corbières is situated 35 km from Narbonne, 60 km from Carcassonne and Perpignan, 25 km from the sea and 120 km from the Pyrenean ski resorts. The architectural heritage of Durban is a reflection of great periods in history: ruins of the Visigoth chapel of St Ruphine castle and its chapel, St. Hippolyte chapel dating from the 14th century (restored in 2005), a 15th century stone bridge and a 19th century Eiffel style footbridge across the River Berre.
The Durban Lords Castle, standing above the village is a medieval castle of the eleventh century that housed the family - Treilhes Gléon -Durban for nearly 600 years.
Domaine des Pins was finally realised in 2005, a a private and gated development of 13 houses on a former vineyard, surrounding a lavender filled central courtyard, with stunning views of both the village and imposing medieval castle as well as the beautiful Corbières countryside
....and then there is the view! The view from Villa Corbières is definitely one of the best in the region if not the South of France!
1. The property known as Villa Corbières / Villa les Aiguilles is offered for holiday rental to you “the client” subject to confirmation by Mark Springate (“the owner”) as outlined in the booking form.
2. In order to confirm your chosen Booking, you should complete & sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the non-refundable deposit (25% of the rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the owners will send a confirmation of booking. This is the formal acceptance of the booking. This booking confirmation will normally be sent out within 24 hours in the case of email and seven working days in the case of post, and will contain the details of your booking and of payments made and due. If you have not received your booking confirmation within the specified time, please notify us as soon as possible by email (email@example.com). Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us immediately.
3. Where a deposit has been paid, the full payment of the balance, plus a final cleaning charge of £160*, will be due 12 weeks in advance of your check- in date and a reminder will be sent to you one week prior to this date, where applicable, by email. If payment is not received by the due date after the reminder notification, the owners reserve the right to give notice in writing or via e-mail that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owners are able to re-let the property.
*NB: the cleaning charge is applied separately to the weekly rental as the same amount applies to both weekly and bi-weekly rentals
4. Directions and contact details will be sent to you once final payment has been received.
5. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
6. The rental period shall commence at 4:00 pm on the first day and finish at 10:00 am on the last day.
7. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed the advertised capacity.
8. Only those persons named on your booking confirmation may use the property.
Cancellation and Amendment by You
9. Cancellation by you at any time will result in your deposit being forfeited, as all deposits are non-refundable.
10. If you need to cancel the booking once a deposit or the full balance has been paid, we will require written notice from the person who signed the booking form. Written notice may be made by letter or e-mail, but will only be effective upon acknowledgement by the owners. In the event of a cancellation, a refund will be made if we are able to re-let the property. Any additional expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount.
11. All monies paid for a holiday (deposit and balance) are non-refundable within 6 weeks of the check-in date.
12. Alterations to your booking can only be made more than 6 weeks prior to the check in date, after which time alterations will be treated as cancellation. All alterations will be subject to availability.
13. Differences in the total amount payable resulting from alterations will be refunded to you in the case of a decrease in price and paid by you in the case of increases in price.
Cancellation by the Owners
14. We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday for any reason. If you fail to pay the balance of the holiday at least 6 weeks before departure, we will treat your booking as cancelled and levy the cancellation charges set out in paragraph 9, 10 and 11. If we are obliged to cancel your holiday in any other circumstances before departure, we will use our best endeavours to offer alternative arrangements of equivalent or very closely similar standard and price, if available; or we will give you a full and prompt refund of all monies paid.
15. Force majeure means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the owners’ control, the consequence of which we could not avoid even with all due care, including, but not limited to, war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, (actual or threatened), industrial dispute, unavoidable technical problems with transport, machinery or equipment, power failure, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of flights by an airline, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood, drought, adverse weather conditions, epidemics or outbreaks of illness and level of water in rivers. We will not cancel your booking, less than 6 weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance.
16. You are strongly recommended to take out personal travel insurance for all members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details and take them with you on holiday.
17. A security deposit of £250 is required in case of damage or loss to the property or its contents. However the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client’s liability to the owners. The owners will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within one week after the end of the rental period. If the security deposit is insufficient to meet the costs, an additional amount payable is the responsibility of the person signing the booking form. This amount should be settled within seven days of the amount having been advised by the owners.
18. Smoking is not permitted within the property.
19. You have a responsibility to behave in a proper, appropriate and legal manner whilst staying at the property with due respect to the owners and the property. You are responsible for informing the owners of any losses or damage to the property as soon as possible. Please note that you will be liable to pay the owners for any losses or damage to the property caused by you or a member of your party (except reasonable wear and tear). If any guest behaves inappropriately or improperly (of which the owners will be the final judge), or illegally, the owner reserves the right to ask the guest and their party to leave the Property before the end of the holiday period and/or refuse any future bookings from you. In addition, the owner reserves the right to sue the guest for any loss, damage or injury caused to the owner or the property.
20. You agree to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period.
21. All rubbish, rubbish sacks, and recycling are to be removed regularly throughout the holiday and on departure.
22. Although a final clean is included in the rental price, the owners reserve the right to make a retention from the deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
23. The swimming pool will be available from April to October (weather permitting). French law requires pool safety measures; these are in place at Villa Corbières. However, the safety of children remains the responsibility of parents/adults. It is understood that parents/adults will supervise children at all times.
24. In the event that you have any complaint about your stay, please notify the owners or their representative as soon as possible. If you don’t follow this procedure there will be less opportunity for us to investigate and resolve your complaint and so make your stay as enjoyable as possible. It is important to us to know that you’ve enjoyed your stay or if anything could have been improved.
25. The client uses the property entirely at his/her own risk, and the owners accept no liability for injury, loss or damage to property or to personal belongings.
These terms and conditions and any matters arising from them are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.